Everybody WINS In Math is a vigorous schedule. I use the word vigor over rigor on purpose (see below).
1. a (1) : harsh inflexibility in opinion, temper, or judgment : severity (2) : the quality of being unyielding or inflexible : strictness (3) : severity of life : austerity b : an act or instance of strictness, severity, or cruelty
2. : a tremor caused by a chill
3. : a condition that makes life difficult, challenging, or uncomfortable; especially : extremity of cold
4. : strict precision : exactness
5. a obsolete : rigidity, stiffness b : rigidness or torpor of organs or tissue that prevents response to stimuli
Does that sound like fun? NO. That is a horrible horrible way to learn.
1 : active bodily or mental strength or force
2 : active healthy well-balanced growth especially of plants
3 : intensity of action or effect
4 : effective legal status
Here is the debut of how I will use Guided Math in the 5th and 6th grades starting this school year 2016-2017. Here is my previous blog post a few years ago about BUILD math, which still is very effective if you have a longer class period.
I wish you all a great school year!
Kimberly Hurd Horst